top of page



You Can Be a Leader!


Whether you just signed up your son for Scouting and want to help out, or have grown children who benefited from the Scouting Program, you can be a leader!


We will be glad to help you get started. You will receive all the training necessary to be a Den Leader or Assistant, Assistant Scoutmaster, Crew Leader, etc. And, you will never go it alone!


The satisfactions far outnumber the occasional frustrations. And, you get the joy of helping shape this very eager and bright generation of boys. They are asking us for guidance, for insight into themselves and their world, and for an adult friend they can look up to.


If you haven't done anything like this before, don't worry. Everybody starts from scratch when they first join. We'll help you do a good job. You too, can be a leader!

Register as a Volunteer


To register as an adult leader, contact your Cubmaster or Scoutmaster. If you are not currently affiliated with a unit, contact the Scout office at 320-251-3930 or contact your District Executive, who can help get you started.

Volunteering Opportunities

Be a Merit Badge Counselor!  


All Boy Scouts need to earn Merit Badges to advance. There are many skills and talents represented in the Merit Badge program. Most likely, you have the knowledge to help Scouts earn one or more badges! If you have a hobby, vocation, or other skill that you would like to share with youth, let us know!


You will need to fill out a Merit Badge Counselor Application, and Adult Application, and take the Youth Protection Training, found at There will also be a background check which is conducted by the national organization. 


If you have questions, you can call us at 320-251-3930.




Camp Help


Everyone likes to spend a weekend at the lake. Our Cub Scout and Webelos Resident Camps are held six weekends in June and July at Parker Scout Camp on the north shore of beautiful North Long Lake between Nisswa and Merrifield. We are looking for adult help in the kitchen, with program, as quartermaster, and in other areas. An adult application, Youth Protection training, and a background check will be required.


Counselor-In-Training (CIT), for youth 13 and up, are welcome to apply to help theme directors with program and props. Look for our application online after March 1 each year.

^ back to top

bottom of page